It is important to always continue strategic marketing efforts that keep your brand name visible and top-of-mind with existing and prospective customers. One of the best ways to do this is with logoed promotional products, which do not have to be expensive to be an effective “billboard” for your company.
Focus on Smart Branded Products that Add Value
It doesn’t pay to simply pick the cheapest promotional item out there and slap your logo on it. Here’s why:
- This item may not represent your company’s brand image or industry relevance.
- Low cost doesn’t have to mean ‘cheap’ in terms of quality, making items impractical for long-term use and requiring a higher volume – and higher cost – purchase.
- Spend your money on lower cost items more likely to stand the test of time – the less moving parts, the better.
Instead, purchase wisely:
- Select an industry and/or demographic-relevant item that may be used over the long-term – optimally one that solves a problem or makes life or work easier.
- Consider selecting an item that is out of the ordinary to help you stand out and build “buzz.” While pens or refrigerator magnets have their place, try to think outside of the proverbial box so customers will think of you more often and fondly.
Do Your Research
Take the time to do research before you select a budget-friendly promotional product rather than hastily picking items in that catalog that’s been sitting on your desk for a while, or just going with the first company that pops up in the search engine. Consider this strategy:
- Ask customers what kind of promotional product would be useful to them by conducting a quick survey, however informal. This will tell you what’s hot and what’s not.
- Check out newly introduced products in your low-end price point being offered across multiple companies.
- Compare prices between companies; call various firms to see if they provide any special discounts for new customers, return customers, bulk orders, end of month/quarter/fiscal, etc.
Find a Trusted Partner
Lastly, you may want to consider finding a trusted partner from which to purchase all of your branded products. Here’s why:
- They value your business and can provide special incentives or value-added pricing.
- They can advise on ways to determine which low cost products provide the best return on investment.
- Your partner would have your best interests at heart and be ready with great quality product suggestions that meet your budget and marketing objectives.
In highlighting the top points about economical promotional product procurement, remember this:
- Be unique but practical.
- Represent your brand and carry through your marketing theme.
- Don’t just pick the cheapest item on price, alone, as there are other strategic factors to consider.
- Do research on what’s available and what your customers want.
- Compare prices, products, and companies.
- Pick a partner for a long-term value-added relationship.